I am pleased to welcome Neha Singh as the next guest blogger on my site. Neha is a full-time travel blogger with itchy feet and passion to see the world, she is an avid reader and with a passion for Dubai.
Dubai is a city on the bucket list of almost every traveler. It has some of the world’s biggest and the most amazing attractions that you just can’t afford to miss, no matter how short your trip is. Such is the charm of Dubai that many tourists make sure that their layovers are in Dubai. 48 hours in Dubai is definitely not enough but is still better than not seeing the city of world records. Here’s a guide to enjoy the best of Dubai and capture the city’s essence, while on an quick tour.
Day1: Experience the best man made wonders of Dubai
- Start your day with breakfast at the Jumeirah beach (one of the best free beaches of Dubai). It has the splendid backdrop of the mighty Burj Al Arab- the world’s most luxurious 7-star hotel built in a sail shape on a manmade island. Soak in the beauty of white sandy shores and calm waters offering a perfect start to the busy day ahead.
- Take the efficient Dubai metro and reach Burj Khalifa- the tallest free standing man made structure in the world. Not only the building but everything around it is a treat to eyes. This mighty structure has special observation decks at its 125 th and 148 th floor with a view that’s surreal. So make sure you don’t missthis once in a lifetime opportunity. Book the tickets online ahead of your arrival at: https://tickets.atthetop.ae/atthetop/Step0_BookingInfo.aspx
- While you’re still dizzy with the hangover of the exceptional experience at the observation deck, it’s time to enter the Dubai mall located next to the Burj Khalifa. One of the biggest malls in the world, the grandeur of Dubai mall will leave you stunned. It’s a world inside. But what captures the attention instantly on the ground floor is the Dubai Aquarium. It is the world’s largest suspended acrylic aquarium with over 33000 aquatic animals included rays and sharks. While it is obvious that you can’t visit the entire mall in a day that has over 1200 shops, don’t forget to visit Candylicious- the world’s biggest candy store and grab quick lunch from any of the 120 cafes and restaurants.
- In the evening don’t forget to see the world’s biggest themed fountain- the Dubai fountain. Spread across 275 meters long and almost equivalent to the length of 2 football fields, it jets water up to a height of 150 meters, equivalent to a height of a 45 storey building. The light beam that shines upward from the fountain can be seen from 20 miles away. It is decorated with over 6600 WET lights and 25 color projectors. The stunning view is absolutely free and its starts in the evening 6pm till 11pm at intervals. There is no extra cost involved to see the fountain.
Day 2: Experience the traditions, culture and history
- Today is the day of exploring the Dubai beyond the skyscrapers. Post breakfast head to the Dubai creek and take an ‘Abra’ (traditional water taxis used since the ancient times) to reach the other side- the old Dubai. The Abra ride itself makes you feel a part of the history with its cost still unbelievably cheap (as low as 1 Dirham).
- This side of Dubai is full of hustle- bustle and vibrancy. The world famous souqs(markets) of Dubai awaits you with eager sellers offering irresistible stuff at great prices, ready for further bargain. The glittering gold souq is a one of its kind market in the world and boasts of around 10 tons of gold every day. As soon as you’re out of the gold souq, you’ll be guided by the exotic aroma of spices towards the Spice Souq. A collection of the best spices from the world, they are simply irresistible.
- Take a break for lunch at any of the not- so- fancy eateries by the roadside but still offering the best of the local flavors of the city. While you can get almost every famous cuisine of the world in Dubai like Indian, Pakistani, Lebanese, Japanese, Chinese, European and more, don’t forget to try the Emirati cuisine. Khabees, Camel meat and falafel balls are specially recommended.
- The last but the most enchanting experience of the day should definitely be the famous Desert Safari Dubai. One of the best desert safaris in the world, the Dubai desert safari experience includes dune bashing in a 4×4, quad biking, sunset photography, camel riding in the desert, and entertainment at the desert camps. Enjoy an array of sumptuous dishes for dinner and soak in the dessert experience like a royal.
About the Author: Neha Signh is a postgraduate in Mass Communications, who loves everything about life. Traveling is extremely close to her heart and writing came to her naturally. An avid trekker & explorer, who often takes off some time from her busy life for mountaineering. She loves meeting new people & gets attached to their culture very easily.