What are you going to do in your 30th year?
I turned 30 last week! Had I told you about this??
I decided I would write a 30 things in my 30th list because it’s a pretty big milestone and after everything that’s happened this year, I want to make it count. The years seem to be speeding up and the adventures slowing down, so I need to keep that in check. Have you ever had a year like this?
Why you should write your list down
There is so much research about writing down your goals and the difference it makes. Your 30th year will speed by in a flash, why not make it count? Write down the things you want to achieve, the dreams you want to set for yourself.
For example, I wrote down number 11 and the week after I won 2 tickets to YNOT festival in Derbyshire! I’ll let you know how I feel about festivals some other time…
This isn’t a bucket list, I’ve got one of those too, this is a list of dreams I want to focus on this year. My bucket list will never end and I plan on adding to that list – as soon as we stop dreaming, we stop living. So here’ my plan and hopefully it will give you some ideas for yours…
My 30 things in my 30th year
- Write a book
- Start a business
- Go to a Christmas market in Europe
- Go on an epic 30th birthday trip
- Celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary in style
- Conquer my fear of driving
- See some long long lost friends
- Buy a house – obviously, this one was already in the works, so it’s kind of cheating, but y’know…
- Write every day
- Let me people know/ Show people how much they mean to me
- Finally got to my first ever festival
- Convert our van into a camper and travel around France or Spain
- Reduce my working hours, whilst maintaining my income
- Stop dyeing my hair
- Relaunch my website
- Celebrate NYE somewhere special
- Finish my wedding scrapbook
- Get a puppy and call her Paddington
- Have less stuff
- Get my 1* award for paddle boarding
- Go back to uni and study
- Go freelance
- Start some form of fitness & make it a habit
- Do something just for myself, every single week
- Go on our first ever overnight SUP river trip
- Watch the sunrise in at least 3 different countries
- Say ‘no’ more
- Say ‘yes’ more
- Publish my book
- Have more everyday adventures.
Some of these will be really hard. People need people and it’s important you can find friends or family that will keep you accountable and ask how your list is going. Share your list.
Let’s have some amazing stories to tell next year. Write down your goals and your dreams. Make your life move in the direction you imagine. Start today.