I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list! I love traveling and the more places I visit the longer my bucket list becomes, I want revisit places and explore them even more! As a backpacking junkie, I think it is really important to have a travel bucket list. It acts as a map, a goal – everyone needs to know where they are going. A bucket list also acts as a great souvenir and a long list of story prompts and adventure tales.
When you are a backpacker on a budget, a bucket list helps prioritise new destinations and allows you to decided when to splurge on something you have always wanted to do. Did I tell you about the time I drank champagne in the Burj Al Arab, Dubai? Our last night on my 2nd RTW trip, I used my famous “we don’t do things by half” phrase and splashed out on quite a few glasses of champers in one of the most expensive hotels in the world! There is a reason why things make it on to your bucket list – they are a once in a life time experience. Seize the day. Start ticking somethings off your bucket list! I feel so privileged that I have been to so many places, seen so many things, I am grateful for each and every experience. But I wouldn’t be a backpacker if I let my wanderlust die…
P.S. These are in no particular order, that would be asking too much!
1. Experience Rio carnival.
See the Taj Mahal.
3. Swim with (wild) dolphins.
4. Dip my toes into all the 7 seas.
5. Drive the Great Ocean Road
7. Go on a travel adventure with my Dad ( – this one is in the works #Camino 2016!)
8. Walk the Inca Trail.
9. See the Northern Lights.
10. Yoga retreat in India.
Camper Van New Zealand.
13. Backpack with my kids – Major Life Goal
14. Go on one more RTW trip! (already done 2).
15. Drive Route 66.
16. Go back to Paris with my Mom.
17. See all 7 natural wonders of the world.
18. Camper van the Scottish Highlands.
19. Inter-rail Europe.
Work a Ski Season
Work Holiday Oz
Working Holiday NZ
23. Working Holiday Canada.
24. Work in 7 different Countries (6 down!1 to go!)
Full Moon Party.
26. Tubing Laos.
Singapore Slings in Raffles Hotel.
28. St Patrick’s Day in Dublin (preferably with my Denise).
Halong Bay – Vietnam.
30. Visit Easter Island.
31. Trek the Great Wall of China.
32. Mardi Gras New Orleans & Jazz Festical
Angkor Wat at Sunrise.
34. Ride a gondola in Venice.
Great Barrier Reef.
36. See the Blue Mosque in Istanbul.
38. Backpack all of central and South America.
39. Pyramids in Egypt.
40. Ride the Trans Siberian Railway & trip vodka with a Russian.
41. Travel to the Arctic Circle.
Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
44. Island hopping in Greece.
Hit the Vegas strip.
Gilli Isalnds – Indonesia .
47. Find the Leo Caprio’s ‘The Beach’ (I heard a rumour it was really in the Philippines)
Island Hopping in Thailand.
Christmas on the beach.
50. Shots of tequila in Mexico.
53. Up Hella Festival Scotland.
54. Glastonbury Festival.
Drinks in the Burj.
56. Afternoon tea at the Ritz.
57. NYE in New York.
58. NYE in Sydney.
Ride an elephant.
Visit Israel and Via Dolorosa.
61. Drink gin in Casablanca and say “play it again Sam”
Glacier Hike – NZ.
63. Yurt Stay in Outer Mongolia.
64. Volunteer Abroad (again).
65. Visit Auschwitz.
66. Christmas Markets in Europe.
67. Climb Kilimanjaro.
68. Visit a really really remote South Pacific Island.
69. Holi Festival – India
70. Pingxi Lantern Festival – Taiwan
71. La Tomatina – Spain
That will do for now… Challenge yourself to write your travel bucket list today!